Saturday, December 17, 2016

Sunday Stealing: The Here-to-Serve 16 Questions

1. Which is worse? Being gossiped about or being lied to?

~ Being lied to, a lie can confuse you and interrupt your next action, your next move in something.
   Gossip is other people's stories, if that's what they're going to do, say la vie

2. What is your favorite "Starbucks" drink? Or if you have better taste, Dunkin’Donuts?

~ Havent haven't been to Starbucks, or Dunkin' Donuts, in a long time, so I can't even remember what my favorite drink is there.
   I have been to Tim Hortons, my favorite drink(s!) there are hot chocolate with mint flavoring  (had that this morning!), English toffee  cappuccino, and pumpkin spice cappuccino

3. Name an embarrassing moment (Make it good).

~ The most embarrassing moment in my life, that I can recall, was way back in the late '70s.
   I was just a young girl who had a mad crush on the jockey Steve Cauthen. One Sunday morning a relgious radio station, which also played pop music, wanted people to call in and name a person they loved. So I called in, and I really wanted to say Steve Cauthen's name. The man on the phone was the DJ. I said hello and asked if ny call was live on the air, he said yes and asked me who I loved. Rather than wanting to sound like a teeny bopper, I replied "Well, I don't really "love" him..." The very next second the DJ hung up on me!
   I guess it wasn't what he wanted to hear!

4. Is it hard for you to ask some to forgive you when you have wronged them?

~ I never say the words and ask for forgiveness, I just treat them with much love and kindness, hoping to make up for it

4. Who do you wish you could meet?

~ I wish I could meet Santa Claus!
   I also wish I could meet the host to the nightly radio show Coast to Coast, George Noory

5. Best food comes from which country?

~ Oh there's so many! I especially love Italy's food, Mexico's food, and the good old USA's food

6. Do you like small talk, or deep conversations?

~ Definitely deep conversations, really deep conversations

7. Who do you most want to encourage this year?

~ I don't want to sound selfish but I want to encourage myself this year! I want to encourage myself to get my condo clean (like I tried to encourage myself last year!), to get more exercise, to live a more fulfilling life

8. If those who know you best gave you one piece of advice, what would they say? Would they be right? What will you do about it?

~ They would say to get the ball rolling, get busy and clean my condo, to get my car running again, take my money and have it fixed, and get ready to drive, to exercise more.
   Would they be right? Definitely!
   What will I do about it? Try not to be so worn out and tired after dialysis. I have no idea how to do that.
   It's also hard to accomplish many things when you have no money coming in, but a small disability check (which I'm very very grateful for!)

9. How often do you get real sick?

~ Not often, because when I think of REALLY sick, I think of vomiting, severe headaches, feeling LOUSY, I seldom feel that way.
   My body is very unhealthy though, I do go to dialysis 3 times a week, I have to have a cataract surgery, next Tuesday I have a neck ultrasound because the doctor heard a weird beating in my neck artery, so I guess in a way I'm always really sick. But it's nothing I "feel"

10. Are you a person who has a whole lot of acquaintances, or just a few very close friends?

~ I have several "friends" on Facebook -many, many, many. But are they "close friends"?
   No, actually I'm very much a loner during the day, I'm stuck in my condo all week and the only places I go are doctor appointments and dialysis, so I really kind of have no close friends, but many acquaintances

11. If you could cure a disease, or heal a sickness, which one would you choose?

~ I would heal depression.
   This world is hard enough as it is, life basically "sucks" in a way, bad things happen and they're hard to deal with. When you have bad thoughts on top of it, it makes things even worse.
   By healing depression I believe I would be able to help many conquer their lives. Positivity helps a lot.

12. What was your favorite book of 2016?

~ I didn't have one, I didn't read any books in 2016

13. What was one of your biggest accomplishments in 2016?

~ I would have to say the times I worked out in physical therapy without giving up

14. If you could be guaranteed a spot on the reality show "Survivor", would you go?

~ No, not with my health.
   I wouldn't be able to physically do the activities, I don't have the strength for it, or the endurance.
   I wish I did, if I did I would.
   Maybe I could see myself on the show Road Rules something less active!

15. Which is worse? Shopping for Jeans or a bathing suit?

~ Shopping for a bathing suit!
   I haven't worn a bathing suit for many years! Jeans I wear every day

16. How old was your oldest living relative (still living or in the past)? [editor's note: I haven't got a clue as to what this question means either. That's why it's perfect...]

~ Is there a typo in there???
   My oldest living relative is probably one of my great-aunts, one of my mom's or dad's aunts. How old are they? I have no idea, maybe in their '70s
   How old did my oldest relative ever live to? I'm not sure of that either, how old they lived to or who it was. I think my great-grandmother lived until 100

~~ Sunday Stealing

3 comments:

  1. It's hard to be positive when you feel lousy but I do agree with you, half the battle is mental! May you feel better and get your car fixed, and be able to do more of what you want to, habitat rehab and all that. Best wishes, m'friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you today! You had excellent answers. Depression is tough - have troubles with it myself. I hope you manage to get things going for yourself in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh...oldest living relative in their 70s??? That does not make me, about to turn 74, feel better!!! And BTW, cataract surgery is a piece o'cake. I hope it goes well for you. I've had each eye done.

    ReplyDelete