Saturday 9: Fool on the Hill (1967)
Unfamiliar with today's song? We can't help you. The YouTube copyright police have removed the Beatles' version.
1) Friday was April Fool's Day. Did you pull any pranks? Did anyone put anything over on you?
~ Nope, I live alone, nobody to play one on! Boring!
2) The practice of playing tricks on one another on April 1 dates back at least to the 14th century and Chaucer's The Canterbury Tales includes a mention of it. Geoffrey Chaucer has been called England's greatest poet. Quote a bit of poetry for us. (It doesn't have to be English, or great.)
~ Time, it comes
Time, it goes
This I say
Because this I know
Time, it comes
Time, it goes
(...I wrote this myself!)
3) Beatle Paul is a huge Elvis fan and is happy to own the bass that was played on Elvis' 1954 recording of "That's All Right, Mama." Tell us about one of your prized possessions.
~ My convertible PT Cruiser :)
4) In contrast to his easygoing persona, Sir Paul has been described by former band mate Ringo Starr as strong willed and "determined to get his own way." Do you consider yourself strong willed and determined? Or are you more easy going?
~ Much more easy going!
5) The Beatles once bought a Greek island, planning to live and record there, but sold it after a few months because it started to seem like a bad, expensive idea. Tell us about a purchase that gave you buyer's remorse.
~ I'm not too crazy about my sofa and love seat, I wish I had chosen a different color
6) Legend has it that the Beatles officially broke up in Disney World. John Lennon was staying at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort when he received and signed the court papers that dissolved the group. Have you ever conducted business while on vacation?
~ No, I don't remember ever doing that. But I've also never had a job I needed to do it for.
7) George Harrison loved puttering around in the garden and dedicated his autobiography to "gardeners everywhere." Do you have a green thumb?
~ Nah, I love plants, but I'm sure they'd prefer that I didn't!
8) Ringo regrets not having saved more Beatles memorabilia, which he realizes now would be worth a fortune. Are you a pack rat?
~ Not a pack rat, but definitely a clutter hound!
9) Random question: Which do you prefer, Girl Scout cookies or Boy Scout popcorn?
~ Girl Scout cookies! And I enjoy several of the (especially peanut butter patties!) I didn't even know the Boy Scouts sell popcorn!
~ Saturday 9