Saturday, April 23, 2016
Saturday 9: LIttle Red Corvette
From the archives.
In memory of Prince (1958-2016)
1) The subject of this song is frankly sexual. Do you blush easily?
~ No, I use to a little, but with showing soooooo much in TV and movies this day, it's commonplace
2) Prince was his real first name (Prince Rogers, to be exact). Growing up, his relatives called him "Skipper." Do you have any nicknames within your family?
3) Prince said he was "obsessed" with Mozart and read whatever he can find about the composer. What's the last book you read?
~ It's been so long, I really don't know!
4) Between Prince and The Beach Boys, the Corvette is a much sung-about car. Tell us about your vehicle.
~ Cream-colored 2005 PT Cruiser convertible.
5) In the 1980s, when Prince was popular, MTV could turn a song into a hit. In 2016, where do you hear new music?
~ I've basically been hearing ALL the music that I hear on Spotify.
6) In 1982, when "Little Red Corvette" ruled the airwaves, Braniff Airways shocked the travel industry and threw passengers into chaos by declaring bankruptcy. When did you last fly? Did your trip go smoothly?
~ Last flew in 2007, to Austin, Texas, a good friend's wedding. It went great! I was alone and loved my last row window seat!
7) 1982 is also the year Disney opened Epcot. Have you ever been to a Disney park?
~ Nope, none of them. I would love to though!
8) 1982 is the year Cheers premiered. The sitcom was set in a bar where "everybody knows your name." Tell us about your favorite local bar or restaurant.
~ Mexican Fiesta, I LOVE that place, love it so much I threw my own birthday party there last year! ...And will again this year!
9) The 1980s were considered a highpoint in professional tennis, with Jimmy Connors and John McEnroe dominating the sport. Do you play tennis?
~ Nope, never have