Saturday, May 28, 2016

Sunday Stealing: Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter Meme

When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?

~ It wasn't a long letter, but I sent friendly postcards with handwritten messages on them. The last one? About a month ago! I ennoy doing this, and I'm sure they enjoy getting them -it's always fun to get a kind note with a cool picture in the mail along with the regular old stuff!

Can you change the oil on a car?

~ Sure I could! You'd have to walk me through the steps first, but I could! I never have before but there's a first time for everything!

Ever gotten a speeding ticket?

~ Yes, a couple times!

Run out of gas?

~ Yes, once

Favorite kind of sandwich?

~ I love many different sandwiches, including sandwich cookies! If I could nake the perfect sandwich it would be on a big kaiser or onion roll, have lots of rare roast beef, cheddar cheese, piled high with dill pickle slices, and have a special sauce, called Bosco Sauce,  the chef use to make at my old job at Rouge Steel in Dearborn. It was a sauce primarily for the roast beef sandwiches you could ask to have added on. I wish I knew what he put in it. I asked him but can only vaguely remember him saying beef base soup, some horseradish I think, and a couple other things. I worked y here from '87 - '89. That sauce was remarkably good!

Best thing to eat for breakfast?

~ I love all sorts of things for breakfast: poached eggs with soft yolk placed upon toast, mushroom & cheese omelette's with red hot sauce to sprinkle upon it, Coco Wheat with toast torn up and scattered in the hot cereal. The breakfast would definitively include orange juice and sausage links!

What is your usual bedtime?

~ Whenever I shut my eyes for it. I have no scheduled time. I live alone, collect disability, the only place I go throughout the week is dialysis. I'd love to go to bed every night at 9:00 like my sister's family, it would be a nice habit to fall into, but I can't get myself to do it!

Are you lazy?

~ Yes, I'll admit to that

When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween?

~ Many things! I remember dressing up as Snow White, Cinderella, and the plastic masks and some strange material gowns, I dressed as a Bay City Roller one year (dome houses didn't know the Bay City Rollers and claimed I wasn't dressed up, one old man wouldn't even give n e candy! LOL) One year, the last year I went trick or treating I simply dressed as a ghost -threw a sheet over me and cut out holes for the eyes!

Do you have any magazine subscriptions?

~ Currently, no. But thinking of renewing my subscriptions to Oprah and Spirituality & Health again

Which are better, legos or lincoln logs?

~ Legos, you can make creative desk ornaments yo hive to friends!

Are you stubborn?

~ Depending on the situation

Who is better…Leno or Letterman?

~ Leno

Ever watch soap operas?

~ Yes, pretty much for as long as I can remember. Nowadays I watch The Young & The Restless, and The Bold & The Beautiful. Through the years I've also enjoyed The Guiding Light, Capitol, As The World Turns

Afraid of heights?

~ No! I love heights!

Sing in the car?

~ Yes

Dance in the shower?

~ No, I don't want to slip and break a bone

Dance in the car?

~ Sure!

Ever used a gun?

~ Nope

Do you think musicals are cheesy?

~ I love musicals, always have! My favorites are Grease, Mama Mia, West Side Story, Hairspray, The King & I, the list goes on...

Is Christmas stressful?

~ Only kinda stressful because I have no money to celebrate as I wish, buy presents, maje cookies. Because of health problems I haven't sent cards for years. I live alone so I don't put up a tree or decorate. Last ywar on Christmas I went with my cousins to see yge new Star Wars movie and eat at a Chinese buffet restaurant. I miss my old time Christmases when my parents were alive.

Ever eat a pierogi?

~ Yes! I love them, especially the potato and cheese ones! Not too crazy about the sauerkraut ones. My church serves them at their fish fries during lent

Major annoyance right now?

~ Needing to walk with a walker, having to go to kidney dialysis, not working or getting out socially, not being able to drive my convertible in this beautiful weather we've been having (the battery is dead, I haven't driven it since the day I broke my wrist last July, it desperately needs gas when I do drive it again, it currently has no insurance because I cancelled it this month not knowing when my situations will improve). Loneliness, no money, ill, most major annoyance? Depression

Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?

~ I wanted to be a singer, a jockey, a teacher, a publicist for The Bay City Rollers, a retreat leader, a spiritual director

Do you believe in ghosts?

~ I love ghost hunting shows, would love to be a ghost hunter myself, but I won't claim to be an absolute believer until I can positively claim I've experienced one. I'm very much an open skeptic.

~~ Sunday Stealing

6 comments:

  1. mushroom and cheese omelette. Mmmm. Especially with sausage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have given you candy...loved the Bay City Rollers. Do you remember their Saturday morning show?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely remember their Saturday morning show! It was one of the highlights of my week back then#

      Delete
  3. I am sorry you're having such a difficult time. Sometimes life is not fair. But you know what a pierogi is! And I do not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You probably have very little energy, but you're not lazy if you're thinking. Thinking is a very human activity we overlook as being one. I miss big family Christmases, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh--the Bay City Rollers! Now that's a blast from the past!

    ReplyDelete