Saturday, May 28, 2016

Saturday 9: The Star Spangled Banner





Memorial Day is a federal holiday designated to honor American service people who died in battle.

The Star Spangled Banner, as sung by Whitney Houston.

From the archives 

1) Are you a veteran? Are there veterans in your family? Do you know anyone who is active military? (We are grateful and want to hear about it.)

~ Nope, I'm not, my oldest and youngest brother are, and my dad was. I don't know anybody who is active now.

2) Memorial Day kicks off the summer season. What's your favorite picnic food? 

~ I love grilled hot dogs, potato salad, Mexicali chip dip, watermelon

3) Let's celebrate the Memorial Day holiday with ice cream. What's your favorite flavor? Cone or cup?

~ Mackinac Island Fudge ice cream, preferably on a cone, so yum!

4) This marks the weekend when Americans step up their outdoor activity and do things they may not have been able to do during the winter months. For example, when is the last time you rode a bike?

~ When I was maybe about 12, 39 years ago!

5) Or went hiking? 

~ Can't remember ever going on a true hike

6) Or rode a horse?

~ Never rode a horse

7) Or toasted a marshmallow? 

~ I never roasted one on a campfire, the only toasted marsmallows I ever had I roasted on my oven's pilot fire growing up

8) As you answer these questions, is there an air conditioner or fan on? 

~ Yes, my air conditioner

9) Crazy Sam needs your help: What song or a performer would you like to see featured in a Saturday 9 this summer?You'll begin seeing your suggestions as Saturday 9 themes in mid-Jun

~ Jimmy Buffet, Bruce Springsteen, Santana, Jan & Dean

~~ Saturday 9

2 comments:

  1. Good music choices. I find horses scary these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's it! I'm going to your picnic. I like the menu.

    ReplyDelete